Unbounce is one of the more popular tools for landing pages — and for good reason. It enables developers to easily test and experiment with landing page design and content variations.
To enable Mouseflow’s tracking code in your Unbounce pages, follow these steps:
- Choose a custom sub-domain for your Unbounce pages (e.g. unbounce.mydomain.com).
- Create the necessary CNAME record(s) following these instructions.
- Login to your Unbounce account. From the Domains tab, click 'Add a Domain', and follow the on-screen prompts. Note: You may need to allow 24-48 hours for the changes in the previous step to take effect.
- Login to your Mouseflow account. From the Websites tab, click 'Edit' next to the appropriate website. Then, click the 'Edit Details' button. Add the newly created sub-domain in the text box labeled Domain. You can enter multiple domains — one per line. Make sure you leave your initial domain/website in place. When you’re finished, click Save.
- In Unbounce, create a new page. From the Pages tab, select the appropriate page. Then, click the 'Change URL' button and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your custom sub-domain.
- Click 'Edit' to modify the page, click 'JS Scripts', click the 'Add button', change the name to Mouseflow, change the placement to 'Before Body End Tag', and paste your Mouseflow tracking script in the box below. When you’re finished, click 'Done'. Click 'Save' to update the page. Note: Your tracking code is located in your Mouseflow account under Websites > Edit > Installation.
- You should repeat steps 5-7 for other pages/variants, as needed.
- From the Pages tab, select the page and click 'Publish Page'. Your page should be published after a few minutes.
- Browse to your Unbounce page, select 'View Source' (usually under the View tab in your browser), and look for the Mouseflow tracking code. If everything was successful, you should see it just before the </body> tag. Note: You may need to clear your browser’s cache/cookies to view the changes.
You’re all set! You should start to see data in your Mouseflow account shortly.
If you have questions or need help, feel free to open a ticket or call us at +1 (855) 668-7335.
Tags: integrate unbounce install unbounce cms unbounce