Unbounce is a popular tool for landing pages — and for good reason. It enables developers to easily test and experiment with landing page design and content variations. To use Mouseflow for your Unbounce pages, follow these steps:
- Choose a custom sub-domain for your Unbounce pages (e.g. unbounce.mydomain.com).
- Create the necessary CNAME record(s), following these instructions.
- Login to your Unbounce account. From the Domains tab, click 'Add a Domain', and follow the on-screen prompts. It's important that the domain used to serve content from Unbounce is a subdomain of your primary website in Mouseflow. If not, you'll need to explicitly add the new domain (used for Unbounce) in Mouseflow under "Settings" > "Domains".
- In Unbounce, create a new page. From the Pages tab, select the appropriate page. If you haven't already, click the 'Change URL' button and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your custom sub-domain.
var mouseflowPath = document.location.pathname + "/version-a";When finished, the full Mouseflow tracking code should look like this (with the version letter set to the page variant you're editing and "your-website-id.js" customized to what appears in your actual code snippet):
var mouseflowPath = document.location.pathname + "/version-a";
var _mfq = _mfq || ;
mf.src = "//cdn.mouseflow.com/projects/your-website-id.js";
- When you’re finished, click "Save Code" > "Save Changes".
- You should repeat the previous step for all other pages/variants, as needed. Be sure to customize the version appropriately for each of the different page versions - doing so will ensure you get heatmaps for each variant.
- From the Pages tab, select the page(s) you modified, and click "Publish Page".
You’re all set! You should start to see data in your Mouseflow account shortly.
Tags: integrate unbounce install unbounce cms unbounce