Unbounce is one of the more popular tools for landing pages — and for good reason. It enables developers to easily test and experiment with landing page design and content variations.
To enable Mouseflow’s tracking code in your Unbounce pages, follow these steps:
- Choose a custom sub-domain for your Unbounce pages (e.g. unbounce.mydomain.com).
- Create the necessary CNAME record(s) following these instructions.
- Login to your Unbounce account. From the Domains tab, click 'Add a Domain', and follow the on-screen prompts. Note: You may need to allow 24-48 hours for the changes in the previous step to take effect.
- Log in to your Mouseflow account > Pick the website you're interested in from the drop down menu next to the "Help" tab > Click the "Settings" tab on the left hand side > Add the newly created sub-domain in the "Domains" field > Click "Save".
- In Unbounce, create a new page. From the Pages tab, select the appropriate page. Then, click the 'Change URL' button and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your custom sub-domain.
- Click 'Edit' to modify the page, click 'JS Scripts', click the 'Add button', change the name to Mouseflow, change the placement to 'Before Body End Tag', and paste your Mouseflow tracking script in the box below. When you’re finished, click 'Done'. Click 'Save' to update the page. Note: Your tracking code is located in your Mouseflow account by clicking the '</>' icon.
- You should repeat steps 5-7 for other pages/variants, as needed.
- From the Pages tab, select the page and click 'Publish Page'. Your page should be published after a few minutes.
- Browse to your Unbounce page, select 'View Source' (usually under the View tab in your browser), and look for the Mouseflow tracking code. If everything was successful, you should see it just before the </body> tag. Note: You may need to clear your browser’s cache/cookies to view the changes.
You’re all set! You should start to see data in your Mouseflow account shortly.
If you have questions or need help, feel free to open a ticket or call us at +1 (855) 668-7335.
Tags: integrate unbounce install unbounce cms unbounce